I feel like the palate is delicate when it comes to Alfredo. If a flavor isn’t done just right, your Alfredo could just be bland “white sauce.” The right combination of flavors can be transcendent on your taste buds. For years, I’ve tried recipe after recipe until I came across one that my husband and I could agree on.
Originally called ‘Better than Olive Garden’ by the original recipe author, Parkers mom over at Food.com, the name lives up to the original promise. (Sorry Olive Garden! I’ll always love your sauce)
I usually cook and cut up a protein for this concoction because I serve a hungry husband and a ravenous toddler. In the picture below, I used polish sausage style venison. But I’ve also used andouille sausage ( a favorite in the Schmidt home), grilled chicken, or sweet sausage.
I also tend to use farfalle or penne because it is easy for toddler fingers to pick up. You may want to use Angel hair or Linguini if you want your Alfredo experience to feel like restaurant quality. I’m pretty liberal with the extra cheese and white pepper. You may want to taste along the way to suit your needs.
Unbelievable Pasta Alfredo.
- 3 Tablespoons Sweet Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4-1/2 tsp White pepper
- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup grated mozerella cheese
- 3/4 box Farfalle (or your choice of pasta.)
- Melt butter in medium saucepan with olive oil over medium/low heat.
- Add the garlic, cream, white pepper and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Stir often.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- When sauce has thickened add the Mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. STIR FREQUENTLY.
- While the sauce cooks, boil noodles for 3-5 minutes.
- Place pasta on serving plates and spoon sauce over pasta.